Horses

If you have been to my blog in the past, you may know that my favourite animal is horses! If you don’t, you know now!

Horses originated from Central Asia and they date to approximately 4,500 BC. You would measure them in hands which is around 10.16 centimeters.

In the past, they were used for war and doing the job of tractors. Today, we rarely use them to carry a kart but sometimes, we do. We also ride and use in competitions. They are very useful and beautiful animals. Wild horses generally gather in groups of 3 to 20. A stallion (mature male) leads the group.

Horses feed on mostly grass and a lot of water. Like us, they need water to keep hydrated. Apples and carrots are usually used as a treat, they also eat barley. Other foods that horses eat are: Bran, chaff, chad liver oil, eggs, horse nuts or mixes and lots, lots, LOTS more!

by Hannah :D xxx

This is another post for The Student Blogging Challenge Challenge 7.

4 Responses to “Horses”

1.   Anonymous Says:

Hey Hannah!
    Sorry I forgot to conclude about your blog so many details I felt like I was the words!
    Sonja

2.   sonjaapplegate Says:

Hey Hannah!
    Do you go horseback riding?
    I do! I have a horse named snowwhite and she’s only western but at my barn I take lessons from my trainer Cathryn and I ride her horses in English !
    Here’s the link to my blog( I havn’t put a page on horses yet though):
    http://sonjaapplegate.edublogs.org/
    Catch ya Later !
    Sonja

3.   mariaapplegate Says:

Hannah I can see you like horses you have great details and a great picture.:)!!!!!!!!!!

4.   oliviaapplegate Says:

I think that horses are amazing animals too! I also think you did a great job on teaching people about wild horses too! I love all the information. Please reply,
    Olivia

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Challenge 8 – freedom again : Challenge Yourself to Blog